At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional landscape, you will team with engagement leadership to bring our broad range of capabilities and insights to enhance the role and effectiveness of the Finance function. We are seeking for a Manager to join our Finance Transformation practice. You will be helping clients improve their business and internal finance performance through a focus on providing business advisory services that achieve measurable benefits in operational effectiveness and strategic decision making.
Who We are
A career in our Finance Transformation practice, within Business Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside Finance leaders to optimize their finance functions.
We help organizations achieve strategic alignment of their finance organization, implement service and cost improvement initiatives, and embed a performance management process and culture that unite the business around its core objectives.
As a Finance Transformation Manager, you'll actively participate in engagements covering the following expertise areas:
- Finance Transformation Strategy & Roadmap
- Financial Statement Close & Consolidations
- FP&A, Controlling Excellence & Management Reporting:
- Finance Operating Model Design
- Finance & Accounting Process Improvement
- Global Business Services including Shared Service Centers, Outsourcing.
What you will do
As a Finance Transformation Manager, drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative commercial insights for clients and contribute to thought leadership. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate. You will also actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY. You will develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Lead the delivery of Finance Transformation engagements, which involves looking at companies’ internal finance and accounting processes and advising on solutions around creating efficient process or improving existing processes
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking budget and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Build strong internal relationships within Consulting and across other services
People Management responsibilities
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance & Performance Management professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (and know when to lead and when to follow)
- Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
- An ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
What you will bring to this role
- For Manager, strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and approximately a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in industry or with a recognized consulting firm
- Professional designation and/or qualification is desired i.e. MBA, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA.
- Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support
- Experience with emerging technologies and robotic process automation roll-out is an asset
- Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
- Travel may be required for this role.
You'll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas: finance transformation ; process transformation and improvement; planning, budgeting and forecasting ; performance measurement and performance management ; business performance reporting ; cost reduction ; shared service centers and business process outsourcing ; financial statement close
What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the financial services marketplace, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who exhibits a strong commitment to lead projects to completion on time and within budget while guiding junior team members through feedback and coaching, then this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.