At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Consultant- Technology Transformation
To effectively deliver value for money and support stakeholders to achieve benefits, governments and businesses need efficient finance functions that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Senior Consultant within our Technology Transformation service line. As a Technology Transformation professional, you'll work with business and government leaders to provide insights into technological transformation. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, we'll help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment and to provide strategic advice in the areas of technological transformation, this just might be the role you’ve been searching for.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and helping those in need. EY is helping our government to build a better working world.
We currently are seeking for a Senior Consultant in Technology Transformation, Strategy. Our Technology Consulting team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. Our teams help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, an important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and share these with your team members as appropriate. Similarly, you'll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY’s commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex strategy concepts, including applying analytics and considering the disruptive trends which are prevalent in today’s economy.
- Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve high quality deliverables within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and keep key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service and scope. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
- Demonstrate high level of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge. Get involved in the development of points of view and market visibility opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical mindset in terms of taking abstract questions and issues and structuring them into manageable, specific work streams
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
- Strong project management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- A post graduate degree or relevant professional designation (MBA or MSC are preferred)
- Experience in the delivery of a variety of strategy projects; analysis, benchmarking, value creating strategies, strategic planning process; operating model design; strategic investment analysis; and enterprise cost reduction
- Strategy consulting experience with Fortune 1,000 clients, selling and delivering successful, high-impact strategy projects
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience with a consulting firm offering strategy services along with a successful track record in the strategic space either as a strategy consultant or a role in industry within strategy planning
- Government of Canada Security clearance
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Depth of knowledge in the government & public sector industry
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work outside of Ottawa
- PMP or Agile industry certification, and experience with popular project management tools, including MS Projects, JIRA, Confluence, and others.
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision to lend subject matter expertise to the design the strategic builds for our clients. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.