Location: Orlando, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; St Louis, MO; Charlotte, NC; Raleigh, NC; Columbus, OH; Pittsburgh, PA; Nashville, TN; Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Software Engineer (DevOps) to join our Digital Nexus organization.
- Assist in development of roadmaps and participate in the standards process for solutions
- Partner with Project teams to develop solution designs
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Drive to deliver technology and products in the roadmap on schedule and with the highest quality
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule attainment, product development process adherence, performance and budget targets are met
- Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Minimum five years of experience managing a medium to large scale container platform. Initial rollout, implementation of new patterns and images, automation, scale up/down, reporting on health and recommendations for healthy operations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience evangelizing OpenShift and DevOps with development teams who may not be familiar with containers; deep knowledge of Kubernetes and Linux configurations and administration; openShift preferred; basic understanding of developer unit testing and code coverage
- Demonstrated ability to engineer/solution CI/CD processes in an enterprise environment, preferably using GitHub Actions and/or Jenkins
- Scripting experience with knowledge of some of the common languages (Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc..); firm knowledge of the SDLC lifecycle is required, while coding experience with software development languages is preferred
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with effective time management skills and excellent technical writing and editing skills; skilled in organizing technical information based on reviewing meeting notes, business specifications, interviewing clients, architects and business analysts; must have the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and other team members