Who We Are?
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
Practice Group: Operations – Supply Chain and Manufacturing
Location: Detroit, Chicago, New York, Boston, Dallas, Houston
Role: Operations Supply Chain – Engagement Manager or Principal
Practice Overview: Operations
We work with clients across industries to help them manage and optimize their operations through improving delivery and cost efficiency to become market leaders in their industry. We help them find strategic solutions to address the challenges they face, optimize their operating model to deliver the best service and increase the operational performance while controlling operating cost. We focus on developing solutions which can be immediately implemented in collaboration with clients’ teams and can rapidly bring visible and sustainable results.
Supply Chain Capability:
Oliver Wyman develops innovative and impactful solutions to increase the performance and results of our clients supply chain processes and networks.
We support our clients along their end-to-end supply chain, helping them have greater visibility and solve their most critical supply chain issues. From raw material to production, distribution, and services, we partner with businesses across a broad range of industries and geographies to ensure their supply chain produces the best value and allows them to compete in the global marketplace.
We typically start assignments with strategic questions, but our client relationships extend way beyond PowerPoint decks. Throughout our projects, we help our customers build their own capabilities and upskill their workforce, ensuring their people can collaborate independently, efficiently, and that their teams have sufficient agility to swiftly cope with disruption.
To maximize value creation, we have developed a broad supply chain management toolkit, including artificial intelligence-driven tools, like our machine learning-based forecasting platform. We combine this with our deep project expertise and proven methods and approaches
Our consulting roles offer excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project workstreams. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
- Synthesizing findings into written presentations; reviewing and discussing with clients and other stakeholders
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality execution
Operations - Supply Chain and Manufacturing Functional Experience
- Supply Chain and Manufacturing experience in Industrials, Automotive, and Chemicals
- Expertise in Supply Chain Planning and Manufacturing including Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Production Planning – sequencing and scheduling, in-plant manufacturing improvements, manufacturing network design
- Experience in network design and logistics preferred
- Experience in quantifying opportunities and developing business cases to support a supply chain and manufacturing strategy
- Experience in building supply chain capabilities in industrial or energy and chemical companies, including process development and operating model design
- Knowledge of SCOR® and other industry frameworks and leading practices
- Experience in tools/systems for supply chain optimization and IT-enablement preferred
- Strong problem structuring and analytical skills
- Work planning and management skills with ability to execute on schedule
- Strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Refined written communication and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work in teams and lead others
- Experience with a top tier management consulting firm
- 3-7+ years of consulting experience in the supply chain areas with industrial products, energy, chemicals or other capital-intensive industries or service providers to these sectors
- 5+ years’ experience in industrial products, automotive, oil & gas, chemicals or other capital-intensive industries, service providers to these sectors
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all" - we hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement. We have a collaborative, supportive and impactful team environment - we want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.
Our Values & Culture
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
- Balanced lives
- We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.