Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
Practice Group: Financial Services
Location: New York
Role: Senior Consultant/Associate
Financial Services Practice Group Overview
Oliver Wyman is shaping the future of the financial services industry by helping the world's top financial institutions address their most significant issues. We have an unparalleled understanding of the evolving market structures, economics, and strategic and regulatory trends across all segments of the financial services sector. Our distinct approach is characterized by deep specialization and rigorous fact-based analysis.
The Practice Group is organized into different practices either serving specific financial services segments (Corporate & Institutional Banking, Retail & Business Banking, Wealth & Asset Management, Insurance) or providing functional expertise across these segments (Finance, Risk & Public Policy).
We are searching for highly qualified Strategy Consulting candidates, to work broadly across our financial services practices areas and create valuable impact for our clients.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking
- Retail & Business Banking
- Wealth & Asset Management
- Risk & Public Policy
The Role and Responsibilities
Experienced professionals bring the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide industry - and discipline -specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, collaborative partnership of people who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial and fun environment.
FS Affiliate Consultants (Senior Consultants and Associates) break down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying the key aspects of a problem and directing the focus to execute those elements. You will effectively plan and execute analysis as well as identify the core issues in complex analyses in order to be able to craft suitable recommendations. You’ll work side by side with clients and your project team members to move projects forward and manage the execution of project modules to get the work done.
Your Attributes and Experience
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Financial Services, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm or with an industry track record of managing teams or work streams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- In-depth knowledge within Financial Services industry, breadth across or depth within one of our practice areas is preferred
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Proactive initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use
- Creativity, ability to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems
- An aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex problem
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team
- A willingness to travel
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for people who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all" - we hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement. We have a collaborative, supportive and impactful team environment - we want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.
Our Values & Culture
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
- Balanced lives