Oliver Wyman - Manager - Private Equity & Mergers and Acquisitions – Europe
Oliver Wyman is looking to appoint consultants to support its continued expansion in the Private Equity & Mergers and Acquisitions team, a strategic priority for the firm. The team serves investor and strategic clients throughout the transaction lifecycle: from opportunity identification through due diligence, M&A execution and on to post-transaction value realization. We achieve this through proven, results-oriented approaches across all sectors of the market. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team. Consultants are given the opportunity for rapid professional growth, to participate in entrepreneurial work, and to share in the success of the team.
The Role And Responsibilities
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
Associates will effectively break down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying the key aspects of a problem and directing the focus of junior consultants to those elements project managing with the support of a senior team. You will plan and execute analysis as well as identify the core issues in complex analyses in order to be able to craft suitable recommendations, and work side by side with clients and your project team members to move projects forward and manage small teams to get the work done. Clients and colleagues will look to you for unique insight into the subject area which they have chosen.
Engagement managers are the on-scene leaders who run our projects day to day. You will lead the team through an efficient and effective problem-solving process from initial thought process through convergence on a solution. You will ensure that recommendations are correct, practical, sensible, relevant and cohesive. It’s a role that demands thought leadership at the strategic level – and command of all the technical and operational details of execution. You will need great communication skills and the ability to forge strong relationships
Your Attributes and Experience
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- +4 year of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or similar organization).
- Knowledge within Corporate Finance and Due Diligence.
- Individuals who have worked across industries within Corporate, Finance and Advisory are of particular interest.
- A strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings.
- Fluent in English and ideally one other language.
- An undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program.
- Willingness to travel.
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use.
- Not just intelligence, but creativity too: you’ll be ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems.
- Have an aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex challenge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
- We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
- We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
- We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
- We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
- We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.